Command for playing 3840x1080 video on two display

Have a look at the output of info-beamer -h/info-beamer -fkms. The required parameters for dual display support are documented there. Then have a look at the source and documentation for one of the packages that acts as a playlist player. From its point of view, it’s irrelevant whether or not there’s one or two displays.

Thanks, but sorry, this is way too much for my knowledge :frowning:
Are you Florian? If yes, i think you already have that lua file and tested the sync with such videos.
Mind you share it, so i don’t have to spend hours (or days) for trial and error?
Much appreciated.

I already linked a Lua file that can play videos: https://github.com/info-beamer/package-hd-player/blob/master/node.lua and the documentation in that same repository. I’m afraid It doesn’t get simpler than that.

info-beamer pi has a fairly high barrier of entry as you have to learn how to use it. There are no shortcuts, except by using info-beamer hosted, which makes all that easier to use as it abstracts most of the complexity away.

Thanks, will try to create my own lue file. To be honest, i don’t want to spend too much time to learn this language, because i only want to playback my 3840x1080 hevc file on 2 displays. Nothing more. Never.
Do you plan to release a GUI for the offline info-beamer?

No. But info-beamer hosted will get an offline mode. But there is still no GUI in that case. Changes are still made on info-beamer.com.

That’s too much for me. I don’t know where to place my “hevc.mp4” in that LUA file.

Earlier i created this file, which plays 1920x1080 h264 fine, but with hevc it only show red:

gl.setup(3840, 1080)
local vid = resource.load_video{
    file = "hevc.mp4",
}
function node.render()
    gl.clear(1,0,0,1)
    vid:draw(0, 0, WIDTH, HEIGHT)
end 

What can be the problem? I installed HEVC support in the command line, and the file is in a standard full hd hevc format, created with XMedia Recode.

Many thanks!

red1

You’ll have to use raw = true while loading HEVC videos. Without that, info-beamer will try to use GL based playback which isn’t possible with HEVC.

local vid = resource.load_video{
    file = "hevc.mp4",
    raw = true,
}

Then you need to place the video like this (instead of using :draw):

vid:place(0, 0, WIDTH, HEIGHT):layer(1)

Also it seems like the HEVC support libraries are not picked up. I guess you ran info-beamer -install-hevc already?

Ok, thanks with the “raw” row it works :slight_smile:
Now i created a 3840x1080 file, but on both hdmi output i see only the left 1920x1080 part.
How can i place the right part to the 2nd display?

Read info-beamer -fkms. There’s documentation about placing both screens to create a virtual display that spans across both of them.

Thanks, it works!
Only have to set 3 variables:
dual_display and secondary offset X and Y,
and now i see what i want :slight_smile:

Next thing is the sync checking! Can i measure somehow?

Also: it says [mmalvideo.c] “no audio stream found”, while it does have an AAC audio track.
Not supported?

Sync between both displays? If so, no. There’s nothing built-in to measure that in the release build for that.

Hm. Good question. Probably. I’d have to check.

ok, sync checking will be with dual projector 3D setup :slight_smile:

thanks in advance for the audio!!

That most likely won’t work well. Both outputs are not guaranteed to be in sync and so far I don’t think there’s a way to enforce that.

See also this discussion: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=251312

yeah, thanks it’s me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
will check and write my experiences

Oh. Sorry for the missing response there. Looking forward to some real world experience with such a setup.

I tried video with mp3 audio track.
Still no sound. Please check :slight_smile:

You have to set INFOBEAMER_AUDIO_TARGET=hdmi as well as use audio = true when loading the video. See info-beamer -h output as well as https://info-beamer.com/doc/info-beamer#resource.load_video

target environment set
audio = true

Still read this:
audio

On PC i hear the AAC audio.

There should be an AAC decoder. Can you paste a bit more log output using INFOBEAMER_LOG_LEVEL=3?

Sure
Is this enough?

1 Like