A device under DMZ to the internet

Hi,

I am a newbie to info-beamer.
I put my device under DMZ (demilitarized zone) to the internet as I have a HTTP server on my internet.

Is it proper and accessible from me and info-beamer?

Thanks and Regards,
Seri3S

I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking, so let me know if the following is helpful: If you want your device to work within a zone with restricted internet access, be sure to check out this list of required external services. If the device can contact the info-beamer backend, you can remote control it.

Given that some of those hostnames resolve to to a potential large number of IP addresses, using IP-based access restrictions might be a lot of work to keep up-to-date. I would usually recommend to just put a device in some kind of untrusted, but mostly unrestricted guest network.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I have a web server under DMZ.
My Info-beamer device is also under DMZ so it is unreachable from info-beamer backend, I guess.
It will be a problem to put my web server on the internet using DMZ, while the info-beamer device is still accessible from the backend.
But I do not know HOW.

Thanks

The bi-directional connection is made from the device towards the backend, not vice-versa. So as long as the device can reach the backend, you can control it from the dashboard.

What exactly are you trying to achieve here? I assume you want the info-beamer device to show a website from your local web server? If so, the fullscreen browser can do that. It’s running on the device itself and can access anything the device can.

Hi,

It worked perfectly under my DMZ.
This was my misunderstanding info-beamer of some process taking time to connecting, waiting for…

I saw my first digital sign with a wonderful impression.
I thank friends and a nice gift of info-beamer.

Thanks,
Seri3S