Advice on device and display

I am planning a prototype signage application and would be interested if anyone has any recommendations for a good raspberry Pi device with display. Something with an approx. 10" display would be nice.

Thanks.

1 Like

Distec has displays with the Pi Compute Module built-in. They seem to have a 10" version as well. See https://www.distec.de/en/products/tft-display-modules/detail/distec/iot-cp-tm101jdhg30-00-01/ (see also [1]). Note the 1280x800 resolution. I’m not aware of any hardware that directly combines a Pi with a 10" display. See also the hardware page as well as an older blog post mentioning their hardware.

Other than that, you could probably also just grab a cheap 10" HDMI display, especially if it’s just for prototyping.

[1] Similar to other hardware linked from info-beamer.com/hardware, there’s no money involved when linking or recommending displays with the Pi built-in. They didn’t pay info-beamer for that and we receive no referral rewards. It’s just nice hardware that runs info-beamer. Thinking about it: This should probably stated on the hardware page as well.

Thanks for the information. At this time, would you recommend Raspberry Pi 3 or 4 if I was to purchase a new device.to use with info-beamer. I’m planning to mostly use Lua scripting for a data display interface

1 Like

Unless you explicitly need 4K or two HDMI outputs, the Pi3 is perfectly fine and has the same guaranteed availability as the Pi4. IMHO the Pi4 is still a bit much work-in-progress with regards to the software side.

Here is a link to my post on Active Cooling case that may fit your needs. I made a digital picture frame with it. I used the Pi4B8G, added a real time clock to it.