Fullscreen Browser | Rotation option

Hi, we are using ‘Fullscreen Browser’ package on a 1920x1080 screen, in portrait mode (digital signage totem). Would be great having a ‘Rotation’ option in the Content configuration in order to show a rotated web page! Thanks for your work

Before anyone points out that it can be made by touching the LUA script, we have tried using the usual util.screen_rotation but we can only manage to rotate the loading screen.
After that the web page is not shown and there are just some errors in the log file.

By looking at the package source code we see a lot of python and a worring lack of LUA code… :slight_smile:

The fullscreen browser is an odd one. Instead of info-beamer, chromium is running in fullscreen mode. Usually any kind of display rotation is done by instructing info-beamer to rotate the output in the desired way. For the browser that’s not possible as it directly renders into the framebuffer. The only way to rotate that is unfortunately to use a display_rotate setting in userconfig.txt.

Hi, ok. This, if I remember, is something you disregard because it’s less efficient than using rotation in LUA.

So theoretically the only way to integrate a rotated browser inside a LUA script (for example as a child node) would be to display_rotate the whole RaspberryPI output and then tell LUA the non-browser sections are with a 0 rotation I guess. This makes sense.

Thanks

Hi, ok. This, if I remember, is something you disregard because it’s less efficient than using rotation in LUA.

Yes. If you can avoid display_rotate it’s definitely better. But for the browser that’s not an option.

So theoretically the only way to integrate a rotated browser inside a LUA script (for example as a child node) would be to display_rotate the whole RaspberryPI output and then tell LUA the non-browser sections are with a 0 rotation I guess. This makes sense.

Exactly.