Not able to display Video wall for second TV

Hi,

I am New to info-beamer. These few days i had trying to create video wall just using two TVs and rasberry Pi 4 model B. I understand PI4 can support two TVs.

I had downloaded the OS (Test Version) and then run it on the raspberry PI 4. I had managed to map the TV (This one is connected to the main HDMI slot of the Pi4) to the Device inside Info-Beamer. Do the second TV (Connect to the secondary HDMI slot of the PI4) need to map too? If yes, how to add this second TV to the info-beamer? I keep on having just one TV register inside the info-beamer software.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Please use the stable version. testing is really only needed while a new Pi model isn’t fully supported by stable yet. You can switch back on the device’s detail page by clicking the Manage button and selecting “Activate stable channel”.

Again on the device page you’ll find a “Configuration” section if you scroll down a bit. That’s for adjusting all kinds of device specific config option. One of those is video output. On a Pi4 you can select how and if the Pi will use the secondary HDMI port. Once that’s configured, proceed with your video wall configuration.

Hi,

Thank for your help. It is so simple.

Cheers.

Hi, I had encountered this display issue. You can see on the TV on the left. It had a black blank screen without any video covering it. The TV on the right has full video covering it.

Can help? i try the video with 1920x1080 and 1280x720 resolution and the outcome still the same?

The placement of your video on the display directly results from how you take the mapping picture when using the magic video wall. Try repeating the placement process in the setup again to get a feel of how this works. In your case, you took the photo so the left edge of your screen was most likely not visible on it.

Hi,

The two TVs are working fine now. Do not aware that this proper placement process also play an important part in this issue.

Really appreciate your advice and help.

Glad to hear that! It’s vitally important, but only for the magic video wall. If you have the time, try rotating your screen by, for example, 45 degrees or so and redo placement. Alternatively try it from one of the sides, as opposed to directly in front of the displays to see how that changes things. Or move one display a bit further in the back. It’s really fun to mess with the magic video wall that way and you get a good feeling of how the placement result works in relation to the photo you take.