Raspberry Pi 7” touch screen

Hello there,

I am using the official 7" raspberry screen connected to a RPi4 B. The info beamer hosted image boots up and then ends with:

[] Setting up working directories
[
] Starting

After “Starting” nothing happens for a while until the system reboots. It looks like its not switching to the real start up display where the ID is shown. I tried with the stable and the test release.

Any suggestions?

It probably still uses the HDMI output for any graphical output, not the attached LCD. Do you see anything in the device snapshot on its detail page? Or is that blank as well?

It’s not registered yet. So I should connect an HDMI device in order to register it?

Oh. Right. Didn’t think about that. If that’s possible, that’ll be great. Then once it’s connected, disconnect again see if the dashboard shows any output, despite the LCD being blank.

Did not work… LCD and HDMI show the same. It is shown:

Booting up…

[] …
[
] Starting

That’s it. Unfortunately.

Can you send the account this device is in and the device id or serial by email?

Nevermind. It’s still not added do an account, I guess. Can you instead send your own public IP (as see on ipinfo for example)? I might find it regardless.

It’s a new device without account… What do you want me to do?

Do you need a Port-Forwarding??

No. The IP should do it.

How ever this might work… :slight_smile:

Wow… It works!!! Thank you so much.

Issue was, that the Pi selected DISPMANX_ID_AUX_LCD instead of DISPMANX_ID_MAIN_LCD as the default visual output. It then only saw the displays on main_lcd and hdmi0, but skipped them due to the wrong default.

I’ve added /config/display with the value of main_lcd to force the correct output.

Fantastic work! Thanks a lot again.

Can the display be flipped 180 degrees?

Use the installed package to control that. Rotating using Raspberry Pi firmware settings is slower than that.