Standalone Build for aarch64

I would like to use the standalone player for the Raspberry Pi, but not on a armhf debian but on a aarch64 based image. It would be nice to have releases for aarch64, too.

info-beamer is only supported for the official Raspbian releases. This won’t change as that’s just too much work otherwise. When Raspbian has a 64bit release, info-beamer will probably be ported (or ideally, only recompiled).

I totally understand that it takes to much effort to support it. But maybe it can be published as an unsupported pre-release beta?

I would also build it by myself if it would be possible…

The support part isn’t “customer has an issue”, but probably more “yet another platform to test before every release”. So labeling it pre-release won’t make a difference. Right now it’s probably a lot of work for little value.

Is there any particular reason why the 32bit version is not an option? There might be small performance benefits on 64bit, but I doubt they would be noticeable in info-beamer.

Is there any particular reason why the 32bit version is not an option? There might be small performance benefits on 64bit, but I doubt they would be noticeable in info-beamer.
Basically it’s driven by the choice of distro and build process

• I want to use an already existing process to build images which currently is tailored for aarch64
  • Using an upstream kernel allows to support more hardware extension (like a custom matrix keyboard from an old cache machine) in a much more streamlined way

I understand that there is no (direct) benefit for the info-beamer project in spending the extra work. For me, it feels sad / helpless to not have the opportunity to tackle the problem by myself due to not being open source (which I don’t want to question - I don’t know your bussines plans, customers, ideas, …).