Subaccounts and floating licenses

Hello,

For sub accounts users, can we have something similar to floating license option,
without need of register the device every time floating license is applied.

Sorry, I don’t understand. What’s a floating license?

Floating licensing is a software licensing approach in which a limited number of licenses for a software application are shared among a larger number of users over time. When an authorized user wishes to run the application they request a license from a central license server. If a license is available the license server allows the application to run. When they finish using the application, or when the allowed license period expires, the license is reclaimed by the license server and made available to other authorized users.

I don’t see how that’s relevant for info-beamer hosted: Prior to using a device you register it. Then you’re charged based on use. There is no fiddly license management. You just turn the device off and after the second day you’re no longer charged for it. When you need it again, you just turn it back on.

1 Like

Is there a way to uninstall/remove currently installed setup from selected device ?
And after setup is uninstalled/removed, it won’t get charged even if it is on ?

If above is possible then my floating license issue is solved.

What would be the use case for that? Having devices idling around without showing any content? When does that happen?

In our case, we will provide our display units on rent and provide license per day basis.

if user has purchased license for 4 days, we will uninstall setup from that device on 5th day.

Info-beamer hosted service should not charge me if no package is installed and device is on.

Not possible at the moment. If you don’t want to pay: power of the device or remove it from the account. Right now there’s no API call to power off a device, but we could add that in a future version.

could also say when the TV is off, but the pi is still connected and powered up.
Some times you can not always get to the pi to power off.