Setup scheduling

So that feature will substitute what externally is done by PipeDream?

Yes. It replaces the workaround from Creating a Schedule of Device Assignments.

1 Like

Finally it is happening. Good times ahead. I knew it was the winning horse InfoBeamer

I’ve added you to the beta test. You can reach the scheduling using the Setup scheduling… button on https://info-beamer.com/setups.

Will it be possible to also add a “poweroff” period, where the screen will be powered off? I’m currently running a couple of custom setups for the only reason to switch content on a specific time of the day - but i also need to shut off the screens at night.

I assume we’d have to create a “power saver” setup, thats 100% powered off, then switch to that using the schedule?

I assume we’d have to create a “power saver” setup, thats 100% powered off, then switch to that using the schedule?

That would be the most explicit way to solve this, yes. The alternative is to have the setup that’s active during the night include the power saver package.

1 Like

I did that to with my player on RPi Zero W. I created “poweroff” setup, and switch to that. Setup scheduling works great.

Maybe timeslots of 5mins, instead of 15mins, would be better.

You can use smaller timeslots: Hold Shift while dragging a timeslot to prevent it from snapping to the default 15 minute intervals. Unfortunately without the ability to zoom in it might be a bit fiddly to do so.

1 Like

Thank you for information. Yeah, it can be fiddly, but I assume everyone is creating/editing it on laptops/tablets, not some small screen smartphones, so it’s so fiddly.

A compromise might be to add a way to specify start/end time of a span explicitly in a popup or similar instead of having to pixel-perfectly drag the edges.

1 Like

I see that you have implemented this feature of specifying start/end time of a span explicitly. This is great.

Oops. My bad. Should have announced that (and probably a range of other non-obvious improvements) here.

1 Like

It’s a nice feature so it’s not bad that it wasn’t announced.

Hello, we are using this new module and we thank you for this development. Can we also consider having a daily schedule? without the year. Example: every August 15 every year? We publish the day saints and it would avoid us to program the 365 days every year. Thanks to you

Actually that’s already possible if I understand you correctly:

1. Select “Month”
  2. Select the month of the first occurrence (so August 1st in your case)
  3. Select “[X] Repeats”
  4. Click on “every”, then select “month (specify)”
  5. Finally in the 31 days below the option, click on the day number on the left to mark the whole day as active.

The scheduling engine of info-beamer is pretty powerful and not all abilities are exposed through the user interface. In your case there is now a potentially easier alternative available for once-every-year events:

1. Select “Day”
  2. Select the date of the first occurrence.
  3. Select “[X] Repeats”
  4. Click on “every”, then select “every year”
  5. Then mark the hours or use the new “Tools” dropdown and select “Fill”
1 Like

Hello, thank you for your answer. We use the “Scheduled player” packages. And we can’t find “day or month”. Only in "content cycle
What did we do wrong ?
Where is the schedule editor ?
Thanks

Nothing. At the moment the “scheduled player” package implements its own scheduling feature. This was from way before info-beamer added scheduling as a new core feature. The scheduling within the “scheduled player” is a bit more limited unfortunately. There isn’t a way to specify a “once per year repeating” event.

One future step is to upgrade the scheduling within the scheduled player to use the new scheduling abilities now provided by info-beamer itself. But that’s not done yet.

Thank you for your answer